Product Name: Colorado
In Australia, the humble ute has surged in popularity in recent years, which is saying a lot when you consider how popular utes are in Australia.
In Australia, the humble ute has surged in popularity in recent years, which is saying a lot when you consider how popular utes are in Australia. Holden have managed to gain mass appeal with their utes, with many buying them because of their durability and adaptability.
The2017 Holden Colorado’s strength seems to lie with its use in urban areas. With somewhat spongy brakes and dubious off-road handling for a ute, knowing whether the 2017 Colorado will be good for you really depends a lot on what you intend to use it for. It’s good to know, though, that the 2017 Colorado addressed several of the bugbears that existed prior to the September 2016 update.
Don’t get us wrong — the Holden Colorado can hold its own if you take it off the bitumen, but just don’t expect it to match most of the other utes on the market if you’re looking for a ute that will see most of its action off sealed roads.
The 2017 Coloradocomes with a 5-star ANCAP safety rating and a roaring 2.8-litre Duramax diesel engine, and Holden have backed up their specs with a car that converts its numbers. The six-speed gear system is silky smooth, and the handling and torque delivery is outstanding.
Holden’s huge investments into their line of utes has paid off, delivering a ute that is very solidoverall. To the delight of many, the suspension has received a complete overhaul, and the handling — while not perfect — has been significantly improved. As a four-wheel drive, the 2017 Colorado addresses previous concerns that might have deterred prospective customers.
- Great engine and automatic gearbox
- The new power steering is sharper and more finely balanced
- A more practical interior
- Solid dynamics
- Can be a little sloppy when used for off-road purposes
- Although the handling is significantly improved, there’s still a little room improvement
- Spongy brakes. It’s a good idea to give this a test drive with different braking scenarios to see what you personally think
You can get your hands on a brand new Holden Colorado from just $150 per week*! Get a quote now…
The weekly repayment estimate is provided by TNT Finance Pty Ltd t/a Loyalty Loans (Australian Credit Licence: 476475)
* This estimate is based on a commercial contract for a new vehicle with specific criteria. Picture may not represent actual vehicle.